Not sure what the words your teen throws around all the time really mean?
Luckily, the folks at “Parents” magazine are here to help with a guide to understanding popular teen sayings.
- “Drip”: Definition - Style, especially cool and fashionable.
Example - “That kid has some serious drip!”
- “Pog”: Definition - Cool, epic, amazing
Example - “Ooo, that game is pog!”
- “No Cap”: Definition - Not lying
Example - “I got an A, no cap!”
- “Sheesh”: Definition - This term has been around for a long time, but in modern slang it’s an expression for being excited or amazed by something
Example - “Sheesh! My bestie just made the game-winning shot!”
- “Vibe check”: Definition - To assess someone or something’s energy or personality
Example - “The comment section passes the vibe check.”
- “Hits different”: Definition - When something is surprising or unique in a good way
Example - “The new season of “Euphoria” hits different.
- “Slaps”: Definition - Describes something excellent or amazing, often used with music.
Example - “This song slaps!”
- “Lives rent-free”: Definition - Refers to something you can’t stop thinking about
Example - “Our fight has lived rent-free in my head for days”